Thursday, March 3, 2011

Janine Shepherd - an international speaker and an author.

Inspired Quote of the Day

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end. ~ Ursula Le Guin


Today's Brilliance

Janine Shepherd

Janine Shepherd

Janine is an international speaker and an author.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I was once told that you have to give up the life you have to get the life that is waiting for you.

Those words have stuck by me to this day and given me the strength to overcome what seemed like insurmountable obstacles in my life.

As an elite athlete and member of the Australian ski team, my dream of representing my country at the Olympics was about to be realized.

Then one warm autumn day I set out on a training bike ride with my fellow teammates. After riding for almost six hours and with only ten minutes to go until I reached my destination, I was hit by a speeding utility truck. I suffered extensive, life threatening injuries.

I had broken my neck and back in six places, I broke six ribs on my left side as well as my right collarbone, my right arm and some bones in my feet. My leg was ripped open and filled with gravel, I had had injuries, internal injuries and massive blood loss.

I wasn't supposed to live...let alone walk. I spent six m...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment