Saturday, March 5, 2011

One small gesture can change a person's life; whether it's changed for better or worse depends on the gesture we choose. ~ Krysten Moore

Inspired Quote of the Day

One small gesture can change a person's life; whether it's changed for better or worse depends on the gesture we choose. ~ Krysten Moore


Today's Brilliance

Krysten Moore

Krysten Moore

Kriysten is the national Bullying Prevention Spokesperson for Love Our Children USA and the founder of SHINE, Students Helping Instill New Esteem.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

If I were to say that a lesson I learned is to be honest, I would not be lying. If someone asked if I learned compassion and humility, I would have to answer positively. If I said that dignity and self control were important, it would not be untrue. However, it is the "golden rule" - to treat others with kindness and respect - that now influences my decisions and modifies my behavior. A most valuable lesson learned early in my childhood.

Throughout sixth and seventh grades, I was bullied by two boys who decided to use their words as weapons against me, calling me horrible names, starting rumors about me and slamming lockers in my face.

Their words stung as if I were the recipient of a left hook to the right eye.

At the "ripe old age" of eleven, I realized the power of vocabulary, be it positive or negative. I realized that the energy exerted to bring someone down far exceeds that needed to build someone up. I truly understood the depth of a positi...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment