Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Today's Brilliance ; 03/24/10

HOPE-- a one syllable word that will keep you going when all of the other more impressive words have failed to sustain you. ~Joni James Aldrich

Joni Aldrich
Joni is an author, speaker and an expert on survival.
If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...
Six years ago, my life changed forever, when my 43-year-old husband was diagnosed with cancer. Two years to the day later, cancer claimed him. For a while, cancer was the last thing I wanted to think about. But God kept calling me to tell our story. Finally, with a huge leap of faith, I turned my life upside down for the second time in a decade, and dedicated my life to helping people survive cancer, grief, and loneliness.
People often ask me how I do what I do—the basics are simple:
From childhood, I was taught never to say, "I cannot." To this day, I excel at whatever I'm doing, especially if someone tells me that I can't do it.
Be true to your core beliefs. Go where God leads you, even if you feel like asking "who me?" God will bring the people into your life that you need, when you need them. In short, He will take care of the details.
Aristotle said, "Where your talents and the needs of the world cross, lies your calling."
Set your goals with...
Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment