Friday, March 26, 2010

Today's Brilliance / 03/26/10

Listen better, judge less and forgive more. ~ Don Goewey
Don Goewey
Don is the president of ProAttitude, and helps to end stress in the workplace and unlock your potential for success.
If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...
This is what I want my seven grandchildren to know: that during my time on Earth, the brightest light I have seen has come from within me, when I have been at peace.
Peace brightens me; it brightens the world I see. And there have been occasions when it has opened the door to Heaven and allowed me to visit for a spell.
Peace has also saved me in the everyday world. The storms of change and struggle can be raging all around me, debris flying, dark clouds rolling in and everything out of control. But when I choose peace, I locate the eye of the storm, where calm weather and clear skies prevail. I move forward in ways I cannot when I am caught in the storm. I see a path I cannot see when I'm afraid or stressed. Peace is power. It's a fiercely gentle power.
Fear is how I lose this power. If fear is my prison, then peace is my prison-break.
There's a story in the Bible about St. Peter, shackled and imprisoned with two armed guards at the door. An angel appear...
Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment