Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Today's Brilliance ; 03/30/10



Stop spending time, start investing it. ~Tisa Silver, from "The Time Value of Life"

Tisa Silver
Tisa is a speaker, the president of The Good Works Coalition and the author of The Time Value of Life: Why Time is More Valuable than Money.
If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...
Looking over my life, I have spent a lot of time. Quite often, good things seemed to come to me. Just in the nick of time, I was able to take advantage of them. When I was about to finish college, the job market was bad so I applied to one graduate school program and I was accepted. As graduate school came to an end, I didn't have a job. The business school at my alma mater had an opening for a finance instructor. A friend recommended me, so I applied for the job and was quickly hired. People around me seemed quite impressed with my life. By the age of 24, I had two degrees and I was a college professor. I didn't think much of my accomplishments but I knew they were generally good. Having a life that others deemed good was good enough for me, until I realized what I wanted to do with my life: teach.At first, I thought it was teaching finance. But, it didn't take long for me to realize that I was not passionate about money. During my first semester of...
Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment