Monday, April 19, 2010

I often wonder what the world would be like,,,,,,

Inspired Quote of the Day

I often wonder what the world would be like, if we all did what we felt calling to us - no matter how "ridiculous" or "impractical". Imagine how much less depression, anger, and hopelessness there might be - in your life, and the world around you. ~ Dr. Susan Biali


Today's Brilliance

Dr. Susan Biali

Dr. Susan Biali

Dr. Susan is not only a doctor, wellness expert, life coach, and speaker but she's also a professional flamenco dancer.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

From Doctor to Dancer: Never Give Up On Your Dream

I grabbed my wet towel, and wiped away the sweat that stung my eyes. Outside, a car drove slowly past, kicking up a cloud of desert dust. The driver peered into the little laundry room, curious about the loud Spanish music that poured out through the small grimy window.

That September, the hottest month of the year in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, I had lost my dance studio, had no legal papers, and didn't have a single gig. All I had was the unimaginable heat of that tiny room, where I danced for hours as the machines pumped hot fumes into the suffocating space. I simply refused to give up. It's incredible to me now, how tenaciously I hung on to my vision of performing flamenco in my beloved adopted country, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Things really do get darkest before the dawn. Just before the tide changes, it'll seem like your dream will never come true. But if you have that burning belief in your heart, d...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment