Saturday, April 17, 2010

This is my story, but the rest of my life is what I make it

Inspired Quote of the Day

This is my story, but the rest of my life is what I make it. ~Arreana Jackson


Today's Brilliance

Arreana Jackson

Arreana Jackson

Arreana is a senior in high school and a Peer Educator at Alternatives For Girls, reaching out to help at-risk young women.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

There is a lot of criticism in the world, but we are our own worst critics. It's easy following the negative path and going down the harmful road. But it's even easier choosing positive choices.

My greatest value to the world is leading other peers that have been in my situation or worse and letting them know that "this is our story, this is what we've been through, but we can contribute so much more." We let others put us down so much, but we can make choices to prove them wrong.

Life is what you make it. Yes, we struggle, go through the heat. But that's just to make us a better person. The struggles we go through prepare us for the future that lies ahead.

Let go and receive. Receive and honor all of the gifts and blessings that God has brought your way. Recognize the blessings and let go of the past. Live for another day. I know that you've been through a lot, and I see that. But there are better ways to deal with your past than to keep on digesting it. Don't c...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment