Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Challenges are common... Suffering is optional. ~ Darcy Keith

Inspired Quote of the Day

Challenges are common... Suffering is optional. ~ Darcy Keith


Today's Brilliance

Darcy Keith

Darcy Keith

Darcy is a national awardwinning speaker and author, known as the Queen of Survival and the Miracle Child.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Celebrate Life Now: How to Enjoy Life to the Fullest

As I'm typing my thoughts, I am watching my daughter play outside games with her neighborhood friends. First, they played a made-up game of throwing a ball though hula hoops. Next, it was bouncing a ball in the middle of the hula hoop, which had a number point value scribbled with pink sidewalk chalk in the center. How fun it is to watch the girls, aged five to eleven, improvise with the items they have, which were six hula hoops and five balls of various sizes. I'm amazed at how quickly the girls can switch from game to game, making new rules, and having fun. Watching their excitement, giggles, and negotiation skills reminds me of some of the aspects of life that we sometimes don't think about. We don't celebrate life.

Each day, we should celebrate life. No, I'm not talking about living irresponsibly, but enjoy every day given to us. For the past week, my daughter asks me what special t...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment