Monday, December 6, 2010

Field of Freedom -Laura Munson

Inspired Quote of the Day

Out beyond ideas of right doing and wrong doing, there is a field: I'll meet you there. ~Rumi


Today's Brilliance

Laura Munson

Laura Munson

Laura is the author of the international best-selling memoir This Is Not The Story You Think It Is: A Season of Unlikely Happiness.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Field of Freedom

There is a quote by the mystic poet Rumi that goes, "Out beyond ideas of right doing and wrong doing, there is a field: I'll meet you there." I am interested in that field. I am interested in the freedom of that open space. I want to breathe that oxygen. In it there is no fear or shame or guilt or the word "should." It simply opens its spaciousness to us. Calls forth the possibility of what we can create there.

What do you create? I don't mean the nouns of your life. I create books, for instance. Those are my "nouns." But behind that, I create the intention to live at the intersection of heart and mind and craft that is writing. It's the intention behind our thoughts and behavior and achievements which guides us. What is your intention? Is your intention to be happy? As much as we are quick to say, "Of course I want to be happy," I find that we tend to cling to our pain. That we dwell in the victim stance. And tha...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment