Thursday, December 30, 2010

A job is what you do for a paycheck. Work is what you do for life. ~ Eileen McDargh

Inspired Quote of the Day

A job is what you do for a paycheck. Work is what you do for life. ~ Eileen McDargh


Today's Brilliance

Eileen McDargh

Eileen McDargh

Eileen is a professional motivational speaker and author.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

To: My Dear Reader,
From: The "Woman of Independent Means"

I laugh as I write this last line. Funny but it seems to capture all the vigor and verve of self-sufficiency, achievement and hard core measurable goals which marked my passage and intentions upon entering the decade of the 90s. I determined to change the world, to make quantum leaps in financial gain, to publish and to produce. After all, 40 was upon me and time a'fleeting.

Now, closer to 60 than to 40, I realize that the better triumphs have not come from reaching these goals but in the shadows and nuances of missing them. When things have not gone as planned and I am forced to stop in pain and confusion, I learn and grow more. And I discover how very dependent we are upon an external world to help us see meaning and discover the deeper purpose behind the seemingly meaningless. It is impossible to truly be a "woman or man of independent means."

I have discovered that for every beas...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment