Friday, December 24, 2010

You are the master of your own choices and either the beneficiary of or the slave to the consequences. ~ Dr. Leslie Van Romer

Inspired Quote of the Day

You are the master of your own choices and either the beneficiary of or the slave to the consequences. ~ Dr. Leslie Van Romer


Today's Brilliance

Dr. Leslie Van Romer

Dr. Leslie Van Romer

Dr. Leslie is a chiropractor, a motivational speaker and the author of the weight loss book Getting Into Your Pants.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Life is precious.

Often we get distracted by day-to-day trivia - those oh-so-important must have's and must do's on our lists. But, in the end, most things and activities don't matter people do.

That's what hit me - hard - as I tread softly past the beds of people, hanging on to life with a thread.

My destination? My father, ICU. In one week, he had endured two open heart surgeries - the first one planned, followed by an emergency second one to correct the first one gone bad.

And then, there he was. I gasped. A dagger pierced my heart. Tears sprung and slid silently down my cheeks. My strong, able-bodied father was pale and frail. Bruised and battered. Ripped open and zipped up - twice. Tubes exited. Wires and needles entered. Machines hummed and glared. Unfamiliar faces watched - closely.

I took a deep breath to muster courage. Somehow, he knew I was there. His eyes opened and locked into mine. They revealed all. I knew that th...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment