Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Always give more than you hope to receive, whether in business or in your personal life. ~ Dave Taylor

Inspired Quote  of the Day

Always give more than you hope to receive, whether in business or in your personal life. ~ Dave Taylor


Today's Brilliance

Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor

Dave is someone who has been in the online space since 1980. He's best known for AskDaveTaylor.com and his new venture, DaveOnFilm.com.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

One of the greatest failings in business school is that our future business leaders are taught to ask "what can you do for me?" or, in the words of Janet Jackson, "what have you done for me lately?"

This isn't just a business view, however, this permeates modern Western culture and makes the words of John F. Kennedy ring hollow: "ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." (few people also recall the next line in Kennedy's speech: "My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.")

JFK had it right and it's how I live my life: I endeavor to give, to contribute, to make what I have learned and figured out available to everyone without charge, without barriers, without restrictions or limitations. My business is all about disseminating information to improve people's lives gratis. No subscription fee, no download charge, no ...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment