Sunday, June 6, 2010

On Meditation ~Marina Spence

Inspired Quote  of the Day

The butterfly must break out of the cocoon itself. ~Rama


Today's Brilliance

Marina Spence

Marina Spence

Marina is the founder of The Pink Edge, an author, management consultant, speaker and teacher of meditation.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I read an article recently that said:

Meditate: Daily relaxation exercises may cut the risk of death from heart attack by 30 percent and cancer by 49 percent.

The light I read by was dim, so I held the magazine nearly to my nose. Yep, that's what it said.

Cancer runs in my family. Both of my parents, my grandmother, and too-many aunts and uncles all died of it. But the good news, at least for me, is that I've been meditating for nigh onto 28 years.

Where is the brilliance in this? The brilliance is that we can all differ from our conditioning, veer from our heredity, and defy our programming to live creative, passionate, and joy-filled lives. I believe that meditation is the foundation for this change.

Why? Our minds are like trap doors that lead to everything musty and old: outdated fears, old hurts, and out-of-focus pictures. By working with the mind, by using patient, comfortable awareness, we shine the light insid...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment