Monday, June 21, 2010

I'm Inspired by the Goodness of People, and my Ability to Make a Difference. ~Shel Horowitz

Inspired Quote  of the Day

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. ~ Margaret Mead


Today's Brilliance

Shel Horowitz

Shel Horowitz

Shel is the creator of the International Business Pledge and the awardwinning author of Principled Profits and other books.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I'm Inspired by the Goodness of People, and my Ability to Make a Difference.

After Enron and WorldCom and ImClone and Parmalat and Mitsubishi and too many other business scandals to name...many people would call me foolish for continuing to believe that most people want to do good, and that the best businesses are run with integrity. And I also believe that I, as one small entrepreneur, can make a difference in the business world...can push the business community to publicly embrace ethics, and to make future Enron-type scandals as unthinkable a few years from now as slavery is today.

All my adult life, I've been involved in making the world better. I devote many hours to local, national, and international causes. I take strength from "impossible" social changes that really happened, in my own life and in the world at large. The "experts" never predicted the fall of the Berlin Wall, the collapse of apartheid, the rise of world-wide consciousness about...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment