Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stick Up For Yourself ~Zack Gooding

Inspired Quote  of the Day

Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the LORD will deliver him in time of trouble. ~ Psalm 41:1


Today's Brilliance

Zack Gooding

Zack Gooding

By ten years old, Zack had already been inspired to create the Dare to Care kit as a way to help the homeless.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

If I had to describe my life right now I would say that it's pretty darn good. If you would've asked me two years ago, it would have been a different story. You see, I had a class bully in 3rd grade. He always teased me, pushed me, and tried to make me look bad in front of my friends. This made me feel sad inside and I couldn't concentrate on my school work. My mom and dad were great and understood how I felt. Here are some bully survival skills:

-It's not your fault. Bullies pick on kids who don't stick up for themselves. Stick up for yourself.
-If you're being bullied, waive your arms up and down at your side and yell "Why are you in my space? Leave me alone. Why do you do this? Leave me alone". This will get everyone's attention and take their power away. It'll make them feel weird in front of their friends because they weren't expecting it. You may have to do this two times before they stop.
-Make sure you're around other people at all times.
-Tell...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment