Saturday, May 15, 2010

Always look for the positive. Don't let anything stop you or get in the way of your goals and dreams.

Inspired Quote of the Day

Always look for the positive. Don't let anything stop you or get in the way of your goals and dreams. ~Sage Donnelly


Today's Brilliance

Sage Donnelly

Sage Donnelly

Sage is a courageous and triumphant kayaker, climber, skier and diabetic.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

When I was 3, I was diagnosed with Type1Diabetes. I had to spend several days in the hospital and my parents had to learn to give me shots of insulin several times a day and weigh my food every time I ate. Instead of feeling sorry for me, my parents explained how my body worked with the insulin and food and they stressed how important keeping healthy was, especially exercise. My parents also stressed to always look for the positive, and my diagnosis made my parents change their schedules so one of them was always with me while the other one worked, and I developed a very strong bond with each of them because of it.

As I grew, I became an avid whitewater kayaker and spent many hours in rivers and whitewater parks. At 6, I flipped over in my kayak and became afraid of the water, so I asked my Dad to put me back in our 2 person kayak and we started over again until I was comfortable. Then I learned to roll my kayak at the age of 7, and took off from there! I started entering com...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment