Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true. ~Leon J. Suenes


Today's Brilliance

Rosemary Holmes-Gull

Rosemary Holmes-Gull

Rosemary is a retired teacher and author of Imagine That: A Picture Book of Possibilities.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I used to be a little insane, just a bit crazy.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

That was definitely the insane and crazy me. Then I realized if I wanted my results to be different I needed to change my behavior.
I learned that three things could change my results, and my life:

1. Desire...you need to really want to change.
2. Commit...make the commitment to yourself and to really add power commit out loud to someone else.
3. Persist...NEVER give up until you make the changes, until you reach the goal, and are enjoying different results.

At age 60, I took up running. I started to make small changes that gradually improved my fitness level, and I eventually ran a 5K for the first time in my life. I actually had the fastest time in 60-65 yr old women's category...

Well...maybe there were only two of us in that age group...but I was ...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment