Sunday, May 16, 2010

Climbing high in life results from bold dreams or brilliant ideas

Inspired Quote of the Day

Climbing high in life results from bold dreams or brilliant ideas translated into courageous action, with an emphasis on action. ~ Werner Berger


Today's Brilliance

Werner Berger

Werner Berger

Werner has been a corporate consultant for over 20 years, transforming them into opportunities for personal fulfillment and success.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I am sitting in a self-development workshop the year is 1989 and I am 52 years old. The leader asks us to think of three things we'd love to do before we die and likely never will. My "Bucket List"...climb Kilimanjaro, climb the Matterhorn and see Everest Base Camp. What, I'm not a climber? Little did I know where those wishes would take me.

Fast forward to May 22, 2007. It is 8:08 in the morning and I am standing at 29.035' on the top of Mt. Everest, the world's tallest mountain. Aside from two (2) Japanese I am the oldest person in the world to do so. Since 2002 I have now stood on the highest point on each of the seven (7) continents.

I reflect . . . what does all this mean and what have I learned along the way. Clearly, it's not normal for a person, just two months shy of his 70th birthday, to have climbed to the top of the world. But then, what is normal, other than a perception we collectively have bought into and now believe as true? Aren't the only limi...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment