Wednesday, May 26, 2010

You Deserve To Be Happy ~Dr. David Simon

Inspired Quote  of the Day

I'm inspired by the creative abundance of nature, the resiliency of the human heart, and the vision that we can create a world that deserves our children's dreams and laughter. ~David Simon


Today's Brilliance

Dr. David Simon

Dr. David Simon

Dr. David is the CEO/ Director of the Chopra Center and author of Free to Love, Free to Heal: Heal Your Body by Healing Your Emotions.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I often ask my patients struggling with a life issue, "Do you deserve to be happy?" More often than not, I receive a tenuous answer. "I'd like to say I do, but I'm not so sure" is a fairly typical response. Or I may hear, "I can't remember anyone in my life ever telling me it's my right to be happy." Well, if you haven't heard it before, hear it now: YOU DESERVE TO BE HAPPY!

Although relatively few of us were told during our upbringing that the expansion of happiness is the purpose of life, most people sense somewhere in their soul that more joy ought to be part of the equation. How, then, do we move from a state of constriction to a state of ever greater freedom and happiness? The first step towards genuine awakening is setting the intention . . . deciding to live a life that reflects your right to happiness.

You are powerful, intelligent, and interesting. You are complicated and valuable. You are attractive. You are a good person. You ar...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment