Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I believe people are not looking for the meaning of life, but rather are looking for meaning in their life. ~Pilar Stella

Inspired Quote of the Day

I believe people are not looking for the meaning of life, but rather are looking for meaning in their life. ~Pilar Stella


Today's Brilliance

Pilar Stella

Pilar Stella

Pilar is the CEO and founder of OneGiving, an author, speaker and Peace Activist.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Putting the "I" Back in InspIre

If you start with "I", InspIratIon leads to magic, miracles and dreams beyond your wildest imagination. ~ Pilar Stella

As I sat down to write this piece, I thought about the word "InspIre." No wonder the word starts with the letter "I" and "U" is no where to be found. Yet, isn't it interesting that when we think of the word InspIre, it is often to think of who InspIres us and is even more likely to be answered with some external person, mentor or idol?

What if we began to truly see the "I" in InspIre and recognized the ways in which we InspIre ourselves and others? Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful thing to be InspIred by others. But in some ways, perhaps, isn't it like reality TV? That is, people watch how other people live their lives in interesting, strange and often unique ways, while they sit on their couches dreaming of another life, or what their life could be like.

What if instead of watching other people live cool...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment