Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Everybody needs some time to shine, time to be recognized, special, admired. It's not selfish: it's human. ~ Victoria Moran

Inspired Quote of the Day

At the center of peace I stand. Nothing can harm me here. ~ Swami Paramahansa Yogananda


Today's Brilliance

Victoria Moran

Victoria Moran

Victoria is an inspirational and comedic speaker, a spiritual-life coach and the author of the international bestseller Creating a Charmed Life.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Everybody needs some time to shine, time to be recognized, special, admired. It's not selfish: it's human.

Early one Saturday I saw in the local paper that a workshop for blues musicians was scheduled for that very morning. I showed the notice to my husband, who intends to be the world's next great blues harmonica player. "I'd like to go, "he said, "but I promised I would paint your office." I assured him that the office could wait and sent him off with my blessing.

He thought I was being selfless and wonderful, but I really wasn't. You see, I'd had a lot of shine time that week---a couple of career successes, lunch out with five favorite friends, and a massage that had accounted for one, entire, luxurious hour. I was full. When you're basking in the sun, it's natural to want those you love to join you there. But if you're not getting enough of your own shine time, it's easy to be needy, whiny, and pitiful.

It can get worse than that: the shine-...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment