Friday, October 8, 2010

Use the letters of your name as a formula or guide to focus your vision ~John Garcia

Inspired Quote of the Day

The greater danger for most of us is not that we aim too high and miss, but rather, we aim to low and hit. ~ Michelangelo


Today's Brilliance

John Garcia

John Garcia

John is a world renowned motivational speaker and author, who overcame adversity to find success.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...


Visionary Leadership - From Where I Sit

When I personally set off to visualize a dream or a goal, I use the letters of my name, G.A.R.C.I.A. as a formula or guide to focus my vision in the area I am pursuing. You might try this with your name.

Go for it.

I visualize my goals. All I have to do is simply recall that as a young boy, I could barely speak English and my education was suffering, and that I worked under the blazing sun for 12-13 hours a day, as a laborer, for 40 cent an hour. I remember that I felt like I was in prison, and in a sense, my own mind was my prison. Although society kept telling me that I'd never amount to anything I kept dreaming. It was then that I told myself, go for it.

Act on your ideas.

Life was not giving me what I wanted. I knew that picking cucumbers and hoeing weeds was not my destiny. I had big ideas and dreams. "Most people fail because they settle for what life has given them, they stop trying." You ha...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment