Thursday, October 28, 2010

Society Nurtures APTITUDE ~Beeaje Quick

Inspired Quote of the Day

Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well. ~Warren Buffett


Today's Brilliance

Beeaje Quick

Beeaje Quick

Beeaje is among the most eclectic and creative artists and thinkers of our century, and is dedicated to inspiring others through his many artforms.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

There is a bountiful spectrum of inspiration to draw from in life. One way to channel inspiration is from the divine influence within us, commonly delivered in the form of a feeling. Each one of us gravitates to colors and smells we like, or do we? It's no secret that we are heavily influenced by marketing, economics, and cultural upbringing, so it might be fair to contest that our natural inspiration can become manipulated, arresting our core development. I use my own experiences to illustrate this point.

When I was a teenager, I wanted to become a cartoonist, but a teacher said that cartoonists usually possess an aptitude for drawing, and since I had no discernible ability, I was encouraged to do something else. Then I boldly announced I would become a writer! Another teacher concluded that I had very poor language skills and offered a similar contention: "Writers usually possess a facility for words, and you are an immigrant with poor language skills." This teache...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment