Sunday, October 31, 2010

Life has many twists and turns and sometimes what looks like a very bad day can just be clearing the way for good things to come. ~J Kim Wright

Inspired Quote of the Day

Life has many twists and turns and sometimes what looks like a very bad day can just be clearing the way for good things to come. ~J Kim Wright


Today's Brilliance

J Kim Wright

J Kim Wright

Kim is a lawyer, a teacher, a coach, the publisher of CuttingEdgeLaw.com and author of Lawyers as Peacemakers...

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

When I went to bed on September 15, 1994, I was excited about the creation of a new life. For weeks, I had been talking to the two partners of a law firm. We'd met, talked and looked at their spare offices. I had recently passed the North Carolina bar exam and was hoping to start my first job as a lawyer.

While unemployed, I was house-sitting. My friend was returning. I had answered an ad for a rental house near the new job and had filled out the application. My friend, Andy, had offered to pay half the rent in exchange for handling his mail and storing his belongings while he traveled on business.

My youngest daughter had spent the summer in Florida, taking care of my elderly grandmother. When my parents brought her back, my partner of five years hitched a ride for a Florida vacation, traveling light and leaving everything in storage. It was time to arrange the return trip.

With plans for a new job and not knowing where else to enroll her, I had registered my dau...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment