Sunday, October 3, 2010

When you know yourself you are empowered. When you accept yourself you are invincible. ~ Tina Lifford

Inspired Quote of the Day

When you know yourself you are empowered. When you accept yourself you are invincible. ~ Tina Lifford


Today's Brilliance

Tina Lifford

Tina Lifford

Tina is a veteran actress, an author, and an inspirational speaker leading a revolution about how people feel about themselves.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I am unapologetically optimistic about everything life is too short to be otherwise. This thing called life is the best invention ever! Sure it has had me on my knees a few hundred times but every time, I get up a better more capable me.

There have been many times when I wanted things to be different than how they were...not anymore! Now I take LIFE as it comes. I have finally caught the hang of it: I expect life to show up being life—full of stuff! I don't take any of the stuff personally.

It took me a long time to realize circumstances rarely hurt. What hurts is the story I make up about the circumstances. Something happens. But instead of saying this or that happened and acknowledging how I feel about it, I use to go one step further and create an "against me" interpretation of the facts: The parents got divorced is a fact. This means they did not value me is an "against me" interpretation of those facts.

I was shocked when I took a ...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment