Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We think we are seeking the light but the light is always seeking us. ~ Robert Thompson

Inspired Quote of the Day

We think we are seeking the light but the light is always seeking us. ~ Robert Thompson


Today's Brilliance

Robert Thompson

Robert Thompson

Robert is a Baptist minister and the author of A Voluptuous God: A Christian Heretic Speaks.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Many of us have had the experience of awaking from a vivid dream or nightmare and being certain that what we dreamed really happened. Then, as we awaken more, we realize we were only dreaming.

It didn't really happen. Or did it?

We can have the reverse experience too—;dream-like moments happen even though we are awake. One day, while holding my grandson Kai on my lap, I had a waking dream. As if it were yesterday, I remembered sitting on my grandfather's lap. In a dreamlike way I wondered how I had become the grandfather, and so quickly too. In some moments, life seems like nothing more than a dream.

Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream,
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream.

What is a dream if not a sequence of images that evoke emotions and reactions that come and go? Is this not true of our waking life as well?

Life is but a dream.

The dreams we dream while sleeping are the other...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment