Saturday, August 21, 2010

If we should only live this life but once, at least I know I live every day as if it's my last. WHAT IS YOUR INSPIRATION?? Find it! ~Jaclyn Mulle

Inspired Quote of the Day

If we should only live this life but once, at least I know I live every day as if it's my last. WHAT IS YOUR INSPIRATION?? Find it! ~Jaclyn Mullen


Today's Brilliance

Jaclyn Mullen

Jaclyn Mullen

Jaclyn is a Grow Model, and was recognized as a 2009 Philanthropist of the Year.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

We often hear the term "role model" used in today's society. Role models range in profession, from super athletes to hometown heroes to entertainers and authors. They inspire individuals to reach for their dreams and complete the extraordinary. Of course the context of extraordinary varies for everyone and dreams can vary from running a half Marathon to winning a Grammy award.

However, for a person to be a role model they don't need to know the individual they are impacting. Most people may never meet their role model, for example, mine happens to be Oprah Winfrey (if you're reading this Oprah, I'd love to grab coffee). For this reason, I have a new term to describe a segment of the "influential" population that participates in impacting the lives of others. I categorize these individuals, myself included, as "Grow" models. You see, we volunteer our time, we mentor in our community and benefit from seeing our impact as those we mentor grow up, mature and move forward.

As...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment