Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I hear a lot of people my age complaining about getting older.... At this point I think I'm getting younger. ~ John Barnard

Inspired Quote of the Day

I hear a lot of people my age complaining about getting older.... At this point I think I'm getting younger. ~ John Barnard


Today's Brilliance

John Barnard

John Barnard

John is the president and CEO of Vita-Mix.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Businesses can and should be mechanisms for doing great God driven things in this world. Money is not bad, unless it becomes the first objective and thus the idol to be sought and worshiped. Many companies know this and succeed in many ways, while they are directed by purposes other than money. Ironically, they also succeed financially, because they have higher goals, not in spite of them. Unfortunately this is harder for public companies, but even many of them do not put money first, and thus reap rewards for themselves and people in general.
I have been blessed in my life, because God chose me to lead Vitamix Corp., and directed my entire life sometimes through other people, for this purpose, including many years when I denied him.

  • Some of the things I have learned from these experiences, that I would suggest to anyone going into business, or even working for a business should keep in mind are:
  • Make sure that even short term decisions are also good for the l...

    Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment