Saturday, September 18, 2010

Alec Tranel



Alec Tranel

Alec Tranel

At six, Alec lost the use of his legs but was determined to make the most out of it. Now a teen, Alec shares his inspirational story with others.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I'd like to share some of the things that I've learned in my life so far that may be valuable in thinking about overcoming obstacles.

FIRST - Surround Yourself With Positive People
There could be a lot of reasons for me to be negative. But, for as long as I remember, I have been surrounded by positive people. I focus on hanging around with people that are happy. It's easy for anyone to be negative. But if you surround yourself with positive people you find it's a lot more fun to be positive and make things happen!

SECOND- Stay Ahead of The World
I
try to always stay ahead of the world around me the best I can. When I meet someone for the first time, I know they have questions about my chair. So they don't feel uncomfortable, sometimes I just answer their question before they ask it. Why am I in the chair? What happened? Then they can get their mind off my chair and on to other matters. Life is more positive and fun if you choose it to b...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment