Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sometimes all it takes to make a difference in your community is to be the person who is willing to try. ~ Becca Robison

Inspired Quote of the Day

Sometimes all it takes to make a difference in your community is to be the person who is willing to try. ~ Becca Robison


Today's Brilliance

Becca Robison

Becca Robison

Becca is the founder and president of AstroTots, which offers free science camps for girls ages 4-10.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I am often asked what made me able to accomplish the things I have at my age. My answer is simple. I was willing to try. I'm a regular teenager. I wouldn't consider myself gifted, special, or anything else. I'm just someone who thinks "I can." Sometimes that it all it takes. I have done lectures and workshops for young people all over the country and the greatest ideas I've heard have come from other youth. Sometimes those great ideas never take flight because the kids who came up with them are looking at all the reasons that they can't make it happen instead of all the reasons they can! Thinking that you "can"- will soon turn into believing that you "can." And once you believe it - it will begin to happen for you. There are emotional, physical and financial resources available for kids want to do something great for their communities. Volunteers and mentors are out there who share your dream and are willing to step up and help. They are just looking fo...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment