Friday, July 23, 2010

What do you see when you look in the mirror? ~Sarah Maria

Inspired Quote  of the Day

You are already perfect, only you don't know it. Learn to know yourself and you will discover wonders. ~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj


Today's Brilliance

Sarah Maria

Sarah Maria

Sarah is a body-image expert and the author of Love Your Body, Love Your Life

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

What do you see when you look in the mirror? If you are like most people, looking in the mirror doesn't conjure up magnificent images of beauty like a Michaelangelo painting. On the contrary, here is the reflection that most people see staring back at them:

--My butt is too big
--My arms are too flabby
--My hair is too flat, too curly, or too drab
--My face has too many wrinkles
--I have cellulite on the back of my thighs
--My breasts are starting to sag
--My muscles are non-existent
--I am way too short
--I am way too tall
--I am too fat
--I am too skinny

On and on the list goes, ad nauseum, replete with a list of our supposed imperfections. In fact, I don't know anyone who looks in the mirror and is struck by a sense of wonder and beauty. It occurred to me a while back that this is truly tragic. After all, the human body is one of the most amazing and astounding creations on this planet.

Why is it that so few peo...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment