Saturday, July 10, 2010

You're never too young to change the world. ~ Pat Pedraja

Inspired Quote  of the Day

You're never too young to change the world. ~ Pat Pedraja


Today's Brilliance

Patrick Pedraja

Patrick Pedraja

Diagnosed with Leukemia three years ago, Patrick started a national marrow drive to help save lives and educate people about marrow donation.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

When was the last time you saved someone's life? Most of us have never had that chance even though we all say we would if we could! Well, did you know that you CAN do something really simple to possibly save the life of someone, maybe a kid like me, who desperately needs your help?

My name is Pat, I'm 13 years old and I have Leukemia. Even though I do not need a marrow transplant there are 35,000 people, who are just like you and me, out there searching for a matching donor right now! A simple cheek swab can put you on the National Marrow Donor program registry to see if you are a match for someone! When I was diagnosed with Leukemia I learned how so many people are dying every day without a matching marrow donor. I decided to do something to help and created a national marrow donor drive called Driving for Donors! I traveled around the country with my family and added over 12,000 donors to the registry. I sold ads on my bald head to raise over $150,000 to pay the ti...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment