Friday, July 30, 2010

You are who you surround yourself with... ~Don Yaeger

Inspired Quote of the Day

Make each day your masterpiece. ~ John Wooden


Today's Brilliance

Don Yaeger

Don Yaeger

Don is an award-winning speaker, four-time New York Times best-selling author and longtime Sports Illustrated associate editor.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

You are who you surround yourself with...

In my 20-plus years as an author and Sports Illustrated writer, I've been blessed to spend time with some of the greatest sports legends of all time. Throughout these conversations, I've learned some incredible lessons about what makes these athletic stars great - not only on the field or court, but off as well. Over time, I've come to recognize 16 consistent characteristics of greatness, which I now share with audiences across the globe.

I've learned from Michael Jordan and Walter Payton, among others, but perhaps the most important lesson distilled in me came from my mentor and dear friend, the late Coach John Wooden. While meeting with him in Los Angeles a while back, he explained that the truly "great" understand the value of association. They know they can only become great if they surround themselves with others headed in that direction.

Wooden described one of his most beloved players, Swen Nader, who started his b...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment