Monday, January 3, 2011

In a moment of forgiveness, my life transformed forever and my heart became whole. ~Dawn Allen

Inspired Quote of the Day

Be the change you want to see in the world. ~ Gandhi


Today's Brilliance

Dawn Allen

Dawn Allen

Dawn Allen is a love, attraction & relationship coach and the founder of Inspired Heart Coaching.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

There are few things I've learned that are more important to my relationships, than learning how to love, forgive, and appreciate everyone in my life. This has not only helped me heal from abuse, but has also taught me how to be present, because I'm not carrying around wounds from the past.

I struggled in a relationship with the man who was married to my mother for over 32 years. He started making sexual advances towards me when I was 16. Not understanding his behavior, I wondered what I had done to deserve this from a man who was supposed to love me. I lived in the fear that every time I saw him he was going to touch me inappropriately. My mother got divorced.

As I gradually was able to let go of my anger, I did forgive my stepfather. Finding appreciation and gratitude for him took longer.

One morning, as I was journaling, I had the profound realization that I would neither be the person I am today, nor would I be doing the work I cherish so deeply, had ...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment