Saturday, January 8, 2011

~Sondra Clark

Inspired Quote of the Day

Earn your spurs! ~ Sandra Day O'Connor


Today's Brilliance

Sondra Clark

Sondra Clark

Sondra is a student at Baylor University and the author of eight books, including You've Got What It Takes.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I'm an 18-year-old that loves my yellow VW Bug, is excited about being in college and has a perpetually messy room. Basically I'm a typical teenager with one difference. I've found that it's important to share what I have with people in need. Since I was 8-years-old, I've had seven books published with major publishers and traveled around the world, encouraging people to volunteer. My latest book, 77 Creative Ways Kids Can Serve (Wesleyan Publishing) gives step-by-step directions on how kids can participate in 77 volunteer projects. It's so important that kids and adults look beyond themselves and try to help other people, animals or the environment.

I've been fortunate to visit Kenya, Uganda, Peru and Mexico, helping people who need basic education, healthcare and school supplies. Yes, even teenagers can raise money to send a child to school or collect shoes for people in developing countries. Speaking of shoes...I'm a spokesperson f...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment