Friday, January 21, 2011

Strive to be more beautiful everyday! ~Eva Ritvo

Inspired Quote of the Day

Beauty is a journey not a destination. Strive to be more beautiful everyday by making choices that are good for you inside and out. When you become beautiful, you can create more beauty in the world. ~ Dr. Eva Ritvo


Today's Brilliance

Eva Ritvo

Eva Ritvo

Dr. Eva is a board-certified psychiatrist, a professor and author, co-author of her most recent book The Beauty Prescription.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I wish I had knew how important exercise was earlier in my life. Since I found a love for tennis, my whole life has improved. I play several times a week, travel to watch matches, have a whole host of tennis friends, am fitter and stronger than I have been in twenty years and I am much happier.

As a psychiatrist practicing for 20 years the single best advice I can give patients is to find a sport you love and make it a regular part of your life. As a brain scientist, I know that not only am I secreting endorphins to lift my mood, I am also secreting BDNF, or brain derived neurotrophic factor, which stimulates new brain cell connections so I am actually getting smarter. It makes sense when you think about our ancestors and how our brains are wired. When we were running to catch dinner, we had to remember how to get home so our brains released special chemicals to ensure we would remember our way!

If you think you don't have time to work out, think again. You don't have ti...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment