Tuesday, January 11, 2011

~Marci Shimoff

Inspired Quote of the Day

The winds of grace are always blowing, but you have to raise the sail. ~ Sri Ramakrishna, nineteenth-century Indian saint


Today's Brilliance

Marci Shimoff

Marci Shimoff

Marci is an international transformational leader, the co-author of two Chicken Soup for the Soul books, and the author of Happy for No Reason.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I was 41 years old, stretched out on a lounge chair by my pool and reflecting on my life. I had achieved all that I thought I needed to be happy.

You see when I was a child, I imagined there were five main things that ensured a happy life: a successful career that helped people, a loving husband, a comfortable home, a great body, and a wonderful circle of friends. After years of study, hard work, and a few "lucky breaks," I finally had them all. (Okay, so my body didn't quite look like Halle Berry's—four out of five isn't bad!) You think I'd have been on the top of the world.

But surprisingly I wasn't. I felt an emptiness inside that the outer successes of life couldn't fill. I was also afraid that if I lost any of those things, I might be miserable. Sadly, I knew I wasn't alone in feeling this way.

While happiness is the one thing that we all truly want, so few people really experience the deep and lasting fulfillment that feeds our soul. Our F...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment