Monday, January 10, 2011

You can never get enough of what you don't really want! Choose the life you want rather than the life you settle for. ~ Russell Bishop

Inspired Quote of the Day

You can never get enough of what you don't really want! Choose the life you want rather than the life you settle for. ~ Russell Bishop


Today's Brilliance

Russell Bishop

Russell Bishop

Russell is the author of Workarounds That Work: How to Conquer Anything That Stands in Your Way at Work and the Senior Editor at the Huffington Post.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

One of my first really big insights came when I read Fritz Perls' little gem of a book, Gestalt Therapy Verbatim. He wrote that simple awareness can often be curative. What a brilliant perspective on life - if only I could become more aware, I might be able to solve a whole lot of my "problems."

Shortly thereafter, I heard Eric Hoffer say: "you can never get enough of what you don't really need to make you happy." That one got me thinking about all the "things" I had been focused on and how little they actually mattered once I had created them.

Awareness indeed began to unfold and it became increasingly clear that what really mattered was the quality of my life experience much more than the quantity of worldly possessions.

The third leg of the stool showed up one day on the strike lines at UC Berkeley when I picked up a tear gas canister to throw it back and heard myself screaming "why don't you a******* love us?" Bo...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment