Thursday, January 20, 2011

Michaela Gagnene

Today's Brilliance RSS Feed
Michaela Gagne

Michaela is a survivor and a professional speaker for heart health advocacy, as well as a teacher and a former Miss Massachusetts.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us...And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. ~ Nelson Mandela

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I believe that there's no greater force in the world than love, and that those who welcome it in to their lives will truly live.

I believe that adults should give themselves permission to be children. Sing, paint, laugh, play, grow...and you will surely be happier and offer more to this world.

I believe that life is not about what could have happened. Life is about what is. Life is about looking through the front windshield while I'm driving, not the rearview mirror.

I believe that dreams are so important, but some may never come true...and that's okay. A disappointment can hold a new sense of purpose and direction. I will never, ever stop dreaming...I just won't stop myself from reshaping those goals into something even greater.

I believe in celebrating the people who have helped shape me into the fighter, giver, dreamer, artist, optimist, survivor, and believer I have become. I will show my love and appreciation to the family and friends who make my life beautiful.

I believe that life is about choices. I can choose to make my life and this world better. I can choose to turn obstacles into opportunities. I can choose to see the potential that surrounds me at every moment.

I believe in making every day special. Special has many definitions. What's yours?...

No comments:

Post a Comment