Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Within you is the power to change your life. ~ Jim Donovan

Inspired Quote of the Day

Within you is the power to change your life. ~ Jim Donovan


Today's Brilliance

Jim Donovan

Jim Donovan

Jim is a speaker, a business coach, and the author of Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck and This is Your Life: Not A Dress Rehearsal.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

If you've read any of my books, you've read about the "Serenity Prayer." This is a simple prayer, first used by Reinhold Niebuhr around 1934 and later given, by him, to Bill Wilson for use in Alcoholics Anonymous. This simple prayer became one of the "tools" that saved my life more than once when I was in the early days of my recovery and trying to piece my life back to together. I would recite it every day as a way to keep things in perspective and it has been a great help to me since.

There are many times in our life when the Serenity Prayer can help and our current economic situation, with rapidly rising prices, is surely one of them.

Rather than get caught up in worrying or becoming part of the, usually negative, discussion about "how bad things are," you can apply the wise message in this simple prayer, to help you maintain a positive outlook.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I ca...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment