Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Erica Pinsky - speaker, an author, and a consultant passionate about promoting respectful, profitable workplace cultures.

Inspired Quote of the Day

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


Today's Brilliance

Erica Pinsky

Erica Pinsky

Erica is a speaker, an author, and a consultant passionate about promoting respectful, profitable workplace cultures.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Have you ever felt powerless or victimized? Have you ever been so filled with fear that you are almost paralyzed?

I have. When my husband died in May 2002, leaving me to run my consulting business and raise our five year old daughter on my own, I was terrified.

All of us feel fear. Sometimes fear can help keep us and those we love safe. More often, however, fear can imprison us. It can keep us trapped in a mindset of negativity and doubt. For the next couple of minutes I'd like you to think about fear - and whether it is holding you back or empowering you.

I work with employees who have experienced disrespectful behaviour like discrimination, harassment, and bullying at work. These targeted individuals often think things will get worse if they speak out. Despite name calling, sarcastic remarks, yelling, public humiliation, or racial slurs, victims often choose to remain silent. Their fear of "what might happen if" keeps them trapped in a bad situation and ...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment