Friday, February 18, 2011

We all have greatness within us that is waiting for us to believe. Once we believe, the foundation is in place for our greatness to take a foothold an

Inspired Quote of the Day

We all have greatness within us that is waiting for us to believe. Once we believe, the foundation is in place for our greatness to take a foothold and grow. ~ Deidre Hughey


Today's Brilliance

Deidre Hughey

Deidre Hughey

Deidre is a nationally recognized speaker and the author of the book I Am Bound and Determined: The Must Read Guide for Women of Childhood Abuse and T

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Comfort.

As an adult, I made comfortable choices. And why shouldn't I? My childhood was a barrage of chores (I grew up on a farm) before the innocence of it all was stripped from me in the form of sexual child abuse. The roller coaster that followed looked something like: fear, self-doubt, self-blame, depression, self-loathing, self-abuse, suicidal, recovery, more self-doubt, drugs, fear...

Once I was able to control my life, my goal was to be comfortable at all costs. I made choices that made me feel good, satisfied, and relaxed. "After all," I thought to myself, "don't I deserve to be comfortable?"

The problem with comfort is how deceptive it is. Sure, on the surface, it looks like a good idea. Heck, it feels like a good idea. But in my never-ending efforts to make myself more comfortable, I had actually made myself unhappy and stuck. I was making absolutely no effort to move forward in my life.

Comfort lures you with promises of immedi...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment