Sunday, February 20, 2011

We are life's perpetual trainees, always preparing for the future. ~ Stephen Hopson

Inspired Quote of the Day

We are life's perpetual trainees, always preparing for the future. ~ Stephen Hopson


Today's Brilliance

Stephen Hopson

Stephen Hopson

Stephen is a motivational speaker, an author, a blogger and a pilot, born profoundly deaf.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

My all-time favorite saying is that we are life's perpetual trainees, always learning, growing and preparing for the future.

For several years after my deafness was first discovered at the age of 3, I didn't understand why I was born without the ability to hear. While growing up, I was a happy-lucky-go kid on the outside, but quite angry inside. As I got older, I resented the fact that I couldn't hear and do the things my peers were doing including things like talking on the phone and whispering something nothings in each other's ears in a darkened movie theatre, to name a few.

With a slew of significant moments throughout my life, I've experienced transformational life changes like the day my fifth grade teacher uttered three simple words, forever changing my life and the day God spoke to me on the beach while on vacation from Wall Street.

On that fateful day in my fifth grade class, all that had happened was that I was respond...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment