Thursday, February 24, 2011

'What are the 10,000,000 ways to express love?' ~Susyn Reeve

Inspired Quote of the Day

If not now, when? ~ Mikhail Gorbachev


Today's Brilliance

Susyn Reeve

Susyn Reeve

Susyn is the author of Choose Peace and Happiness and cofounder of SelfEsteemExpert.com and WithForgiveness.com.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

I apprenticed with don Miguel Ruiz many years ago. I repeatedly heard him say, "There are 10,000,000 ways to express your love." There was something about this statement that echoed through me and yet I didn't immediately explore what it actually meant in my daily life.

Then one morning while on a journey in Teotihuacan, Mexico, with don Miguel, I heard him repeat the words, "There are 10,000,000 ways to express your love." This time, rather than simply echoing through my mind, the words took up residence.

As I walked the grounds and climbed the pyramids of this sacred Aztec site my focus was first directed inward as I asked myself, 'What are the 10,000,000 ways to express love?' Some obvious ones popped into my mind: hugging, giving compliments, remembering special occasions of family and friends, making love...and then I had a thought: look around you all day today and see the ways people are expressing their love.

So my eyes focused outward with t...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment