Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Getting Older ~Debbie Zipp

Inspired Quote of the Day

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain. ~ Charles Schultz


Today's Brilliance

Debbie Zipp

Debbie Zipp

Debbie is an actress, producer, speaker and the founder of In The Trenches Productions.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Okay, okay, I'm going to make a bold statement. I admit it - I'm over 50 now, yes I am. It is a hard pill to swallow. But I'm getting there and am starting to get comfortable with it.

I used to hate walking down a street and getting whistles from the men around me. Now there were never hundreds, but I got my share. BUT...and again I hate to admit it but...when the whistles started disappearing and finally stopped altogether, I missed them. I missed them...I really, really missed them.

"What's going on?" "What's happening?" So I looked in the mirror. I mean REALLY looked in the mirror and I didn't see the "me" I thought I was. "Who is that?" I said. Where did that young woman go? Where did I go? Who is that in the mirror? EEEgads, that's my mother! Now my mother is beautiful and I adore my mother but... looking middle -aged was going to take some getting used to.

Was the lack of whistles making me question my worth because I was aging? I saw myself one way, bu...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment