Sunday, February 13, 2011

Say “yes” to yourself and your dreams… ~ Nancy Brook

Inspired Quote of the Day

Say “yes” to yourself and your dreams… ~ Nancy Brook


Today's Brilliance

Nancy Brook

Nancy Brook

Nancy is the author of Cycling, Wine and Men: A Midlife Tour of France.

If today were my last day on Earth and I could share 500 words of brilliance with the world, here are the important things I'd want to pass along to others...

Care enough about yourself to live your dreams.

Sometimes when I ask people about their dreams, an awkward silence ensues before the subject changes. It's almost as if there's a fear to admit to themselves what would make their heart sing. Their thinking must be something life this:

"If I open my awareness to my dreams, that means I'll have to do something. But right now I can't. I have so many obligations I'll have to say no to my dreams. So why create the pain of even imaging these possibilities anyway?"

At least, this characterized my thinking about fulfilling my dream to visit France. For more than 25 years, I longed to go there, but life seemed to get in the way. College, marriage, work, a baby, divorce, single parenthood, a master's degree—all came first. I'd judge myself anytime the thought came up to travel to France: That's such a stupid idea! You don't have the money to spend on something so frivolous. What kind of a parent goes off to France ...

Read More of Today's Brilliance >>

No comments:

Post a Comment